View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 05:18 AM   #180
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Well, it's perfectly singable over what you have in the Progress Report, if that helps.
That's cause I conveniently skipped the parts that don't quite match up in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
As to the rest... well, I don't know! I've sung it a couple of times, and I like the way it builds in strength as Finrod's part goes on. There's nothing that makes me think it needs changing; isn't that pretty much how he sings it? So I'd say pick what you prefer. I've also sung it as verse 2, which also works.
Sounds good. I think I'm gonna keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Two specific lines that catch me out: I feel like the last chord on 'prophesying' is pitched wrong, though now that I've noticed it's a chord I guess that's their fault. I also think 'death-defying peaks' could do with a slightly longer first note, and a slightly shorter second & third (at the moment it sounds fairly regular, whereas I'm singing 'defying' quite quickly to allow a fractional pause after 'death').
1. If it's the chord that falls on "sy" - that's cause the melody resolves into it only on "ing". That's how Finrod sings most of his melody, with a slight lag/overhand. But I agree this one is a bit jarring. I will play around with the chord to make it less noticeable.

2. "Death" is an easy fix. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
But really, it's good! I might try and record it at lunchtime just for fun. ^_^
Please do! I would love to hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Leave it unless it bothers you. I always slow songs down when I sing them anyway, so I hadn't even noticed. ^_^
I am the same, for this piece in particular. I feel more comfortable with this slower pace when I follow the English lyrics.