View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 04:03 AM   #172
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I shamelessly snuck into the changeroom at work to look at the video, I couldn't wait a couple hours till I got home. I love the visuals!!! Melian looks like a portrait. Did you do all that by hand (well, computer, but yourself)? It is very impressive.
Thank you! The portraits and Doriath were sketched by hand and gone over/coloured by computer; the emblems were done straight on the computer (based, obviously, on Tolkien's, though I've allowed the Finrod-Zong logo to colour his a little). I'm pleased it worked! The good part is that I can now use Beren and Luthien for any of their songs, without having to draw them again. (Their Meeting, in fact, wouldn't need any more art done at all!)

Quote:
I could only listen to the video very quietly, I was barely catching the sound. I thought there were a couple moments when the singing lagged behind the music, but with the volume I can't be sure, I need to relisten at home. But holy bananas, we have a whole song!
Ehm. Probably. This is a combination of me missing my cue at least once, and one of the tracks I used for you being shifted slightly (sorry!). I can tweak those later, I think.

Quote:
You know who we need? We need Greenie and Nogrod. They are fabulous singers. We need to get them on the case too. *shouts* Greeeeniiiieee! Nooooogrooood!
More singers?! Then you don't want me to try and do a duet with myself as Celegorm and Curufin? :O And then interrupt myself as Thingol, come to think of it...

Quote:
Btw, do you think putting subtitles would be helpful?
Oh yeah, those... ^_^ Done them now.

Quote:
0/ don't bother listening to it yet, it's just the backbone I will use as the template. I was just super excited about cracking the code.
Youcan'ttellmewhattodo. Goodness, Sauron's Dirge is really quite creepy. I think I agree that we need a change of instrument for Finrod; woodwinds would work quite well, I think?

Quote:
0.1/ Anything can be scored, with enough persistance - or creativity. So don't let that stop you. If I am stuck, I will let you know.
Well... if you're playing Finrod, the Prison Duet would be singable? I'm wary of doing anything with Cel'n'Cur, because if any other singers show up separating them is priority 1.

Quote:
1/ Any preference for Wind vs Heart? If it is not a rush, I will do it after the Duel, but that may mean it will only be ready by end of next week. I will bump it up if that is more convenient.
No preferences! Are we doing Heart as a solo, or as a duet per the Russian Libretto? (Or do I get her to record the whole thing and see whether it works that way?)

Quote:
2/ TBH, I wanna do both for funsies, cause they are both so fun to sing. ^.^ But for the real thing, I would be down with whatever - it probably makes more sense for me to do Finrod, eh? Neither of us will be able to pull off Sauron's deep voice, but hey, we can pull off a Sauron.
There's nothing preventing us doing Appendix C versions of the recordings as well. ^_^ Sauron shouldn't actually be a problem - I can use Audacity to just drop my voice an octave. Of course, before we do anything with Sauron, I need to decide how to draw him: Rock God, or Bat Crown? (The single-use Normal Crown and Bare Head versions from V1 can probably be skipped.)

(Finrod, meanwhile, is just going to be Blond V1 Finrod. That may have been obvious. ^_^)

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote