View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 02:06 PM   #5138
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I think it was Legate who said when he thinks of new roles or experiments the question is "is this phantom-proof" is a good general guide to follow.
Indeed. But actually, I like Hui's suggestion. There is a distinct chance the WWs could exploit it, but only to a degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I've just thought of another possible way to limit post numbers, and keep people from just breaking their posts up: you can post as often as you like, but there have to be at least five (two, ten...) posts between yours. That way everyone can contribute, and fast-paced sections stay fast-paced, but nobody can spam the thread.
That sounds actually pretty good to me!!! And we've had different games like this here in the past when this was used: the "Hurt and Heal" game had similar rule. And that worked pretty nicely. (And yes, posts with votes should be exempt from this rule. But the vote post should maybe have some rule like that it can't contain anything else, or perhaps at most two lines or something. Roughly. Or not. Whichever.)

The only problem could be with people who are posting at other time than others, or are in a completely different timezone. I mean, there's no problem with them to write all their thoughts down and post them all at once, if it's just about that. But imagine a situation where, say, there are ten European players and then Nilp and Lhuna. When it's "European normal time", people keep alternating, posting... then Europeans go to sleep, Nilp post once, Lhuna posts once, and that's the end for the two of them because they don't have other players present to fill the gap between their posts.

Of course, one could make some exceptional rule for some visibly disadvantaged players, but still. Again: should be tested beforehand.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote