View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 04:59 PM   #5131
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
This is all fine and dandy - I suggest (even after we come up with some starting rule about it) we try a "dry run posting" first somehow. Simulated dialogue. I'm sure practical issues will manifest themselves. For instance: quoting. People do it in normal games all the time. How would that relate to the length-limit rule? Is it excluded? Or should it be a game "don't quote anything, just point" (that might have its own funny consequences, but not sure if it is desirable. I can already see Wolves spinning "oh as XY said... y'know... over there...").

But overall I really like the idea. The text post window-sized length, as a guideline but not 100% exact rule, sounds good enough to me, accompanied by some post limit because yes, often the problem isn't so much the length of posts, but the amount. The post limit could be quite generous, but just as a fence against people who would post billion posts per Day if left unchecked.

But like BG said, I am not sure what we would do if somebody brought up accusations against someone who used up all their posts... but perhaps the idea would be that you aren't expected to reach the quota, so most people would use up like 75% of their quota and keep the rest until DL in case something came up.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote