View Single Post
Old 06-18-2002, 06:27 PM   #4
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ah, Mary -Sues. my nemisis. *ducks random bits of masonry people have throw at her* well you knew i'd show up sometime? But i have promised (on the Mary-Sue Litmus test thread) to stop ranting incessantly agaisnt them. I have adapted the fanfiction term to RPs, since no one has an official name for these characters. however bad you think they are in fanfiction, multiply the annoying factor by 10, and you have your RPG Mary-Sue. they are the Uruk-hai of Mary-Sues.
i love LotR fanfiction, and even though i cant write it very well, i love reading. for all of you tired of wading through the mindless millions of the fangirl-inspired fics, i found this great one on Fanfiction.net
caled 'Time and Space' by ArtemisPrime. the basis is Legolas gets transported to the future, and is put in a mental hospital. there he meets the only person who can reunite him with Aragorn and get him home.
whateverit sounds like to the contrary, this is definitly not a Mary-sue. in fact, it may be the best fic on the whole damn site!
enough ranting, heres the link:
Time and Space
Losthuniel is offline   Reply With Quote