View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 12:32 PM   #3231
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Alright let's see if I can answer these questions.

Quote:
Does that mean the Changling gets to tell you to tell the degifted Seer about dreams received while usurping the gift?
Yes, everything the Changeling does will go through me. The people chosen by the Changeling will never know who it was.

Quote:
Which team are they on (i.e., under what circumstances does the Changeling win)?
During the Day they are on the villagers side. At Night they are on whatever side the person they have chosen is.

Quote:
And it says that they can't reveal what they've found out at night... But if they find a wolf they'll obviously vote based on it, so are they allowed to hint at it?
They can hint in that they can find evidence in game to support it. They cannot say 'last Night I was a wolf' because they are not allowed to reveal.

Quote:
Finally, does the Seer dream of the Changeling as the Changeling or as an ordo?
An ordo.

Quote:
Is the Changeling in the acquired role only during the night-phases? You say they are on that team's side when in possession of the gift, but what does that mean? So what are her/his primary goals?
Yes. That means that if they are a wolf at Night the primary goal is to kill all the villagers, and if they are a Seer it is to scry a wolf.

Quote:
If the Changeling picks a wolf, will s/he just contact the moderator to decide the kill?
Yes.

Quote:
What constitutes "revealing the information" gotten during the night? If someone learns that X is a wolf, can s/he make a case against the X on the next day with all might if s/he just doesn't say, that s/he knows it because of last night?
Exactly yes, I believe that answers Caran's question.

Sauce, nice to have you in! But I'm going to say no to any ideas about the Changeling because it took me long enough to work out what I was doing with this version. Thank you anyway

Quote:
Also this role has the potential to be super powered if he/she makes the correct picks. Let's say he picks the seer and dreams of somebody and it's the ranger. Next night he chooses a wolf and becomes one. Then the wolves know of two gifteds and dispatch them without delay.
Wrong. The Changeling cannot PM with the wolves, so they don't know who s/he may have dreamt of previously. And yes I know I said this would be a simple game, but that was compared to lmp's

As to being too powerful, that depends. If the Changeling were fortunate enough to choose all three wolves one after the other and was able to persuade the rest of the village to lynch them then yes. But how likely is it that one player is going to be able to do that? Half the time people argue against the Seer when they tell them who to vote for