View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 10:18 AM   #3227
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up

Kath, if you're starting tonight you can count me in.

I shall be a retired Arda-famous chariot racer and playboy millionaire.

I would echo Caran's questions about the Changeling role. If he/she swaps sides with every new role, then it would make sense to play with that in mind. In other words, since the likeliest night-time pick is an innocent (whether gifted or not), it will surely be in the Changeling's interests always to play for the good side as this is the side s/he is most likely to end up on.

Would it not make more sense to say that the Changeling is on one side or the other throughout the game and that s/he can use his/her gift to that end? So, if on the side of good, s/he can use an assumed Wolf role to try to kill off a Wolf. And, if on the evil side, s/he can use an assumed Seer role to try to dream of other Gifteds.

I would suggest that the Changeling be on the Wolves' side (but without knowing their identities) and that s/he gains only the roles of the good Gifteds, making him or her rather like a "powered-up" Cobbler. Alhough that might require something to balance the game out, though, as otherwise the Wolves might be too powerful.

I don't know. Just some thoughts off the top of my head. But the Changeling role does need some clarifying though, I think.