View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 05:26 PM   #7117
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Named, yes - but no promises on 'easier'.

While we're talking about the future, can I get a rules clarification?

a Person, a place, an event or an item of ME

-Could the answer be a group of people?
-How about a language?
-Or a concept like 'the Unseen'?
-Does the answer have to be from Middle-earth itself, or just from the Legendarium as a whole?
-What about older versions of the Legendarium?
-How about non-Legendarium Tolkien (eg, the Father Christmas Letters)?

hS
You could use anything as the answer. However, from personal experience of someone who used to pick very abstract or unusual things as the answer, it's not as much fun as you might think. The less black and white the concept gets, the harder it is to answer yes or no to simple questions. Look through some old questions on the thread and you'll see what I mean. So choose wisely what battle you want to pick there.

My sister and I play this game IRL. When we were younger we kept coming up with really abstract things - "argument", "reflection", "charity", that kind of thing - but it always took forever to get the answer and there was barely a clear yes/no in the answers. So now we have an agreement that we do simple things only - which doesn't mean they can't be tricksy, just not weirdly abstract.

As for alternative versions / non-Legendarium - there's technically nothing to stop you using it, but speaking with perfect honesty I'll be quite ****ed off at you if you do. Doesn't seem like a fair game if the guesser hasn't heard of the answer before.