View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #182
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
An echo glimmered in Erebemin's mind. It took the shape of a young boy and a young maid. No, that could not be right. What boy was with Nimrodel? There were none. It had to be Nimrodel and Mithrellas. Who was the third? Perhaps Avarien. But it did not seem to fit.

"You think you are an ancient one, do you not?" Nimrodel asked.

"The world has changed and you know it not," Mithrellas added.

"You will not find the way." Nimrodel shook her head.

"I will. Fare thee well. I go to find the birthplace of the elves."

"It is dead," Mithrellas said. "You cannot be there."

"It cannot be dead. I shall go there."

"You shall waste your time," said Nimrodel. "Beware lest your whole life be a waste. Who can tell?"

"You know not of what you speak," she said crossly to them both. "Bar not my way!"

Mithrellas shook her head. "We bar nothing."

"You shall find nothing. You were faithless and unwilling before, you are faithless and unwilling now, " said Nimrodel.

"I have tried, " she replied. "You neither desire nor trust my faith. I shall seek the shores more ancient than you, for they shall not break faith with me."

"Go then!" cried Nimrodel. "Faithless you are, and unwilling you have always been. Avarien I name you. Go!"

Avarien wasted no more time with the madwoman and her handmaid. Swift and silent, she ran northeast, and the woods soon hid her from their sight.

Mellonin was restless, and cried out in Ravion's arms. He spoke to her. He looked around the glade; he saw only Nimrodel and Mithrellas. He gazed again at Mellonin, and knew Avarien was not far away.

Last edited by mark12_30; 02-24-2009 at 11:18 AM. Reason: caps