View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 06:42 AM   #216
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I'm not happy with Sally's reveal, either. What's the point of a Hunter reveal, anyway?
Color me stupid, I completely ignored the fact she could be revealing as a hunter. :/ Must be the people I work with, they're low intelligence is finally rubbing off.

Quote:
Posing as Hunter might be a feasible tack for a Wolf though, if she trusted that we won't choose to lynch her, or a Cobbler: ideally, we'd spend the Day discussing who she should take with her, and when she dies it all turns out to be for nothing. A complete waste of a Day with practically no danger to the wolves at all.
I remember when our mod posed as the seer and when the real seer (Shasta, perhaps?) came forward he was lynched that day. Sally hasn't said much for me to make any good judgement on her. There's a few things to consider.

1) Would a wolf false reveal when there's no danger for her yet? Doubtful unless she thought a packmate was in danger. A reveal causes a stir and other discussion would be diverted, at least for a short time.
2) Did Sally think she was being helpful? I had to drop out of a game once and I offered my hunter skills up to the village because it was earlier in the game. If Sally is innocent and truly the hunter she may think being sacrificed will take down a wolf too. The odds of getting a wolf are 1/3. Hitting another special role (excluding cobbler) is almost as likely though. And asking Sally to tell us her choice may force another valuable gifted to reveal. Why lose a known innocent, and one who is too dangerous to kill at night, when our village is so small?
3) Sally could still be a wolf or cobbler trying to create confusion, but now the real hunter would know who to go after.

I don't think Sally is a wolf. A cobbler? Maybe. The hunter? Maybe. As a wolf, doing a false reveal doesn't gain her anything, she wasn't in danger of being lynched. As the hunter, she becomes a known innocent that wolves might not want to kill because she could have one of them pegged. As a cobbler, she fulfills her role and we sit and debate instead of focusing our efforts on wolf catching.

I'm going to sleep a little while longer. When I return I'm going to scrutinize and comment on everything I missed Day 2.