View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 01:28 PM   #126
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
It was a very bad day, full of rain since late the night before. Glirdingo was shivering with cold, staring up at the Misty Mountains. He hadn't gotten much sleep the night before (he didn't trust that Man who was camping near him). "Well, this will probably be the hardest part of my journey," he thought to himself bitterly, thinking about the Orcs that lived in Mount Gundabad a shortway off as well as in the Misty Mountains themselves.

He started his treck towards the moutnains, the rain pouring down on him and soaking him to the bone, the wind on his skin feeling like icy blades cutting into him. He continued on and on, tirelessly. Finally, it was around midday (though he couldn't tell because there was no sun) when he began to feel the pains of exhaustion. He was at the base of the Mountains now. He stopped for a quick break before continuing on.

He walked all day, and almost into the night before he was really exhausted and had to stop. He searched the base of the Mountains, hoping to find a cave to rest in for the night. "Aha!" he cried delightedly as his keen, Elven eyes spotted a cave in the base of the Mountains.

He made his way wearliy to the cave at the base of the Mountains. When he reached it, he ran inside and slumped to the ground. He got changed into his (semi) dry clothes which he took out from his bag.

He had fallen asleep for what felt like a few minutes before he heard something scurrying around in the cave. He opened his eyes and grabbed his short sword and stood up while crying "Who goes there!" He heard something behind him before everything went black.

He woke up sometime later with a sharp pain in the back of his head. He put his hand up to where he had been hit and touched it gently. "Ow!" he cried sharply. Whatever (or whoever) had hit him, hit him pretty hard. He sat up slowly and took in his surroudings. He was in some sort of cell. There was a nothing in the cell, not even a small cot to lay down on and his possessions were nowhere to be found.

He rose to his feet slowly and crossed to the cell doors and peered out. He saw his sack a short way down the passage. "Hello!?" he called out. "Hellooooo!?"

"Quiet you!" a sharp, deep voice said to his left. There, sitting in front of him, was an Orc. "Quiet, or I'll stick you like a bug without the Chief's permission. Besides, you're just going to get done in tomorrow anyway!! Hawhawhaw!!" he laughed crudely.

With that, Glirdingo backed off to the back of the cell and sat down. He was a little frightened. The cave he must have fell asleep in wasn't a cave at all. It was an entrance to Mount Gundabad! He moaned as this realization dawned upon him.

The guard got to his feet and walked down the passage, just out of sight. "Well, now that he's gone, I can start thinking of a way to get out here," he thought desperately. "I need to get out, before tomorrow comes or I'm going to be a dead Elf!"

He looked around the cave once more to see if there was anything he could use to help him escape. There was absolutely nothing. Once again, he rose to his feet and crossed the cell to the cell doors. He peered around outside his cell to see if there was something he could use to escape.

As luck would have it, the Orc had convieniently forgotten the keys to the cell door which were convieniently already placed in the lock. "Well, this is convienient!"

He reached his hand through the bars, grabbed the key and turned it carefully. He heard a small click and withdrew his hand. He pushed gently on the door and it swung open quietly (the locks were (convieniently) oiled just that day).

He tiptoed down the passage to where his belongings were. He searched his pack and noticed that everything was unharmed. "I kind of figured," he thought grimly. "Orcs wouldn't like Lembas bread and my canteen is empty. They wouldn't see the usefulness of this rope. As for my weapons..." he looked around and noticed that they were locked up beside his cell down the passage. "Again, that's convienient. How stupid could you be to put someone's weapons right next to their cell," he thought happily. He grabbed the keys and tired that for the lock for his weapons. "And how stupid could someone be to make the same lock for a cell and use the same key," he laughed inside.

He grabbed his bow and arrows and slung it on his back. He took his short sword and walked slowly down the passage. He saw the guard up ahead, his back turned to him. "Oh my, these Orcs are really quite stupid..." he thought sadly.

He walked up and slashed the orc who fell down dead instantly. He continued to walk down the passage. It took him quite some time, but with luck, he found his way out and ran into no one. "Hmmm, that was too easy..." he thought to himself. It was dark out and the rain had finally stopped. "I need to get away from here and fast," he thought desperately. And with that, he ran towards the Mountains as fast as he could towards the Misty Mountains.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote