View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 05:38 PM   #59
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry View Post
Hey, "U" - it occurs to me that we'd better put together a short bio for Grandma Haesel. Are you game to do it?
Now how did she get forgotten? Yes, I'll get something together for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
This might be a redundant question - and sorry for asking if it is something you have held self-evident all the time and thought carefully already...

But have you all new writers to this story already thought of how your characters end up / have ended up to the Mead Hall?
Our little family doesn't live at the Meadhall. We live out in the woods; Grannny prides herself on her independence. I think that normally we would come in at the first spring fair/market... but this year we'll come in a little earlier - needing to get something for Granny Haesel, I think. So, you Meadhallers would have seen us now and then and know Granny by reputations and use of her herbal elixirs and balms (perhaps even come to the hut for more urgent needs) . But, really we're quite the wildings compared to you more sophisticated "-hallers "

Does this sound feasible?
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .