View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #875
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Elin fought hard to maintain her composure scarce knowing if she should laugh or cry - was there nothing one could say to this hobbit that didn't get him agitated? Some devilment in her longed to ask about the extensive travels he must have made to be able to make such assertions with authority but she guessed he had little in the way of a sense of humour and even the slightest hint of teasing would be taken as mortal insult.

Dead pan she answered. "I have heard tell that the beer here is excellent - though I am no expert to judge in such matters myself - and the staff have been all kindness to myself and my daughter, for which I am most grateful. I have been much impressed by what I have seen so far of the Shire, so Buckland must be a fine place indeed. Though I have not yet seen your river Baranduin or what lies beyond". She had thought of mentioning that she had lived by a river herself - but she feared that merely to utter the names of other places might be taken as an insult to those he had mentioned so proudly. He really was about the hardest person to talk to that she had ever met. Elin hoped he would either relax a little or some opportunity for escape would arise.

Last edited by Mithalwen; 04-27-2011 at 12:24 PM.