View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 07:30 AM   #745
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The plan seemed workable enough to Javan. Léof had not relayed Thornden’s message entirely accurately, but he had done so half way accurately.

“I’m not supposed to get your pony back out,” Javan said after considering for a moment.

"I'm a guest here, young man," said Falco, "and your brother had no call to jail me nor my pony. So he's gone against the Eorl's word in this, see, and you'd be doing no wrong by letting me have what's mine by rights."

Javan looked carefully at Falco and considered the situation a moment. He didn't want to let Falco's pony back out. The animal was tired, and to disobey Thornden and Léof both at the same time seemed to be asking for trouble. But...Javan smiled suddenly.

"I have my own horse! He's little, kind of, and he'll be fresh and fast! I don't want to get your pony back out, Falco, Thornden might get mad at me. But I'll get mine, and you can ride in the saddle and I'll ride behind!" And without waiting for Falco to say anything, Javan darted off to fetch halter and rope to bring his horse out.

In a few minutes, the saddle was on and the horse waiting impatiently to be mounted and off. He was very large compared to the hobbit, though, and Javan had to give him a boost up with his hands, for Falco couldn’t reach the stirrups. Then Javan untied the horse’s reins and put them over the saddle horn. He hurried to the horse’s side and scrambled up beside the saddle.

“Take the reins, Mr. Falco, and we’ll be off.”

Last edited by Folwren; 04-21-2007 at 06:31 PM.