View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 01:36 PM   #28
Nienna, sister of Feanturi
Pile O'Bones

Nienna, sister of Feanturi has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Nienna, sister of Feanturi Send a message via AIM to Nienna, sister of Feanturi
Sting

Having seen the film for the second time I have decided I <I>don't</I> much like Miranda's Eowyn, or not her battle Eowyn. I think that after her rejection from Aragorn we should have seen more of a change in her. She should have been more hardened, more despairing. In the battle I could've done with more steely determination instead of that rather unconvincing war- cry. I thought the fear on her face at the begining of the battle, when Theoden was doing his pep talk, worked but after that she should have collected herself and become the proud seemingly fearless Eowyn fron the books. I don't think Miranda should have showed no fear, but there should have been less of it and more subtly expressed. And, I know this sounds strange, but don't you think al the time she was battling the Nazgul her knees were too close together? Perhaps that's just me. Don't get me wrong, I thought Miranda did a great job.. up to the battle where I felt Miranda's lonely love- lorn Eowyn didn't quite translate into the book Eowyn... that probably doesn't make sense. Oh well.