View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 09:31 AM   #13
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Arwen,

This looks like fun. I am applying to play the “younger” twin. I sent you a pm regarding my proposed character and his first post. Please let me know whether this will work or if I should change something.

Hi, Kransha. Good to see you.

~Regin

FOR: the younger twin

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES - Which one? Land to Call their Own

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? None, but I have had a proposal approved for a game, Hunt for the Palantiri, which is supposed to start in August.

List them, please: n/a

Please note you may play in only 2 (TWO) Shire games at one time. Exceptions to this may be made for this on a case by case basis by the Shire Moderators. (The Green Dragon Inn DOES NOT count as a game for this.)

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn – YES

For your character please include:

NAME: Eric Roland Millwood

RACE: Man- Twin

WEAPONS: Home made slingshot that he uses to chase off birds that are bothering the crops. A stick used mainly for walking and occasionally for poking his brother in the ribs

APPEARANCE: A sturdy, tan-skinned boy whose clothes are often dirty and torn from roughhousing and frequent expeditions into the forest. He has an unkempt mop of chestnut curls that are always getting in his face. His eyes are brown and his face is dotted with freckles. He is of average height for his age. Overall, he looks like a young ragamuffin who gets into trouble. His mother and father are always after him to comb his hair, wash his face, and mind his manners.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Eric is a rambunctious boy who is naturally outgoing and likes to be the center of attention. This sometimes causes commotion in the family. Because Eli is sickly, he needs special care from his parents. Eric resents this at times. He also senses that Eli sometimes gets away with things because his parents regard the quieter boy as the “good” child, while his own pranks and teasing are looked on less favorably.

Although Eric deeply loves his entire family, he sometimes feels that he’s overshadowed by his siblings. He especially resents how his parents refer to him as the ‘youngest child’, even though he was born just two hours after his ‘bigger’ brother. These feelings lead to fights between the twins as well as bad behavior on his part. Eric needs to gain confidence so that he can let his good nature and affection for his family shine through. He needs to think more about them and less about himself. In trying to escape from the dragon with his family, he will need to use common sense, follow his parents’ orders, and not let his jealousy get in the way. That will not be easy.

HISTORY: Eric is the third child of Arinn and (name not known) Millwind, the younger of a set of twins. He also has an older sister. He and his family are close, and family values are important.

----------------------------------

Regin Hardhammer’s post

Eric watched sadly as Eli and his dad walked out into the fields after lunch, leaving him all alone to reflect on the horrible time he’d just had. Eli had kicked him in the shins under the table and left a blue bruise. His parents hadn’t even seen what happened and made him return the shiny rock that he had borrowed from his brother the day before. “It’s not fair,” Eric muttered. “My crybaby brother always gets what he wants.”

Eli was a sickly and frail boy, so his parents naturally felt the need to pay more attention to him. It seemed to Eric that whenever he did anything to his brother, the older boy immediately whined about it to his parents, who always sided with Eli. Nor did he like being called a “younger brother” when he was born only two hours later than his twin. “Life can be so unfair!” he noted with a grimace.

His father always took Eli to help him with the work in the field, but never Eric, even though he was probably tougher and could work harder. A couple of times he had thought about asking his father if he could come too, but stopped himself because he was afraid that his father would say no. Anyways, Eric reflected, he probably wouldn’t want me to come, since he likes to be with Eli.

Determined not to sulk in the house all day, Eric decided to go for a walk in the meadow near the lake. Maybe he could gather frogs there that he would later put in his sister’s bed. She always loved his little surprises, he thought with a grin. Walking through the tall grass, he noticed that a grey shadow had suddenly appeared on the ground and swiftly crept closer until it finally enveloped him. Eric looked up curiously and saw a very strange looking, monstrous bird. I didn’t know birds had scales and I’ve certainly never seen one that large before. Enchanted with this new creature, Eric sprinted gleefully after it, giving no thought to how he would get home. He whispered proudly to himself, “I bet Eli has never seen anything like this!”