Old 06-28-2004, 12:12 AM   #8
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

ArwenBaggins, the game owner will play 2 characters:

1.) NAME: Arinn Elden Millwind

RACE: Mortal of Dale

WEAPONS: Arinn, though a farmer, has a sword with him at all times. He has a good arm, and will hurl rocks when he feels like it.

APPEARANCE: Arinn Millwind is tall and lean- farming leaves no time to gain weight and his height helps him in his job. His eyes are dim blue-gray like the sky in the shadow of the mountains. His hair is deep mahogany falls in waves to Arinn's mid-shoulders. He has a five o' clock shadow, outlining his angular chin. His skin is slightly tanned from his hard work in the sun.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Arinn has a serious demeanor, especially when farming or making important decisions. While not a harsh father, he makes sure that his children obey the rules. He does let a little white lie or rock thrown slip through every once and a while, but makes sure he doesn't hear about it again. He believes in strong family ties and telling the truth. Arinn loves the peace the early morning and late evening bring; after his day working, he will sit with his wife and children and watch the sunset behind the mountains.

HISTORY: Arinn Elden Millwind is the second of six children. His oldest sister lives with a respectable warrior in Rohan. The other four children (three brothers and two sisters) live scattered across Dale and Gondor.

At age 23, Arinn married (name of wife undecided) Whitfield, the daughter of a local merchant. They have a daughter, and two twin six-year-old boys, born in 2764.

----------------------------------

2.) NAME: Eli Ross Millwind

RACE: Mortal

WEAPONS: Eli carries only a few rocks in his pocket for protection.

APPEARANCE: Eli is taller than most six-year-olds, but not by much. He has tanned skin and is usually sunburned on his frequently bared feet because his skin is very tender and sunburns easily. His eyes are the main focal point of this young boy- the left is a bright sea green, the other a bright gray, giving him a fey and whimsical look. They are always wide, looking for new places to explore. His hair is dangling uneven about his ears, light and sandy brown in color. He was a sickly baby, and gets sick very easily.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Eli is a quiet boy, like his father. He likes to explore and "be a big boy", trying to help his father whenever he can. While he isn't extremely vulnerable in the sun because of his sickness, shade is a preferred sanctuary when romping and playing. He often gets in trouble for wandering off; his mother is over-protective. Eli can not be trusted with secrets- they will slip out before you can tell the whole secret. His brother is his best friend- they love sneaking off and switching places.

HISTORY: Eli is the second child of Arinn and (name not known) Millwind, the oldest of a set of twins. He and his family are close, and family values are important.

----------------------------------

ArwenBaggins’ post FIRST FOR GAME AFTER SMAUG

"Eli, hand me a stake," Arinn Millwind was kneeling in a garden amongst growing corn and okra. A young boy, straddling a row of green beans, walked quickly toward his father with a sharp wooden stake in his small, tanned hand.

He dropped to his knees and handed his father the piece of wood, wiping a large pearly bead of sweat from his forehead. "Here ya go Papa… whatcha plantin' now?" Eli picked up a handful of dark brown soil, a worm wriggling up his short finger.

Arinn took the stake and nodded in thanks and used the pole to straighten a feeble tomato seedling. He then mopped his forehead and held the small of his back, standing slowly. The sun blazed down upon the farm in Dale, the workplace of the Millwind family. "Come on in with me Eli; 'tis probably time for lunch… where's your brother?" Eli stood as well, shrugging and running off toward the house about half a mile away. "I wish he'd slow down once and a while! He will overheat!" he shook his head, laughing slightly at his energetic son, and walked briskly toward his home.

His wife met them on the porch. "Lunch is ready, my big men!" she kissed Arinn and rubbed Eli's messy waves of dust-color. After the boy dashed into the open door and skidded to a stop in the kitchen with his older sister and younger brother, the woman leaned in close to her husband and pushed a lock of sweaty chestnut hair from his ear, whispering: "How was he today? You did not have him sit in the sun too long, did you?"

"No dear. He sat under the dogwood tree most of the time- he came out for naught of five minutes to hand me a stake and hurry home. Do not worry," He kissed her forehead and entered their home.

Arinn sat at the table, between his daughter and his youngest child, a son. "Gimme my rock back!" Eli kicked the other twin in the shins underneath the table, trying to choke back tears. "Papa! Mama! He won' gimme my rock back!" Arinn cast a swift, austere look to the boy, who immediately dropped the shiny, polished, gray rock. Eli smiled weakly and sat back in his chair, dropping the rock in his pocket. It was a rock given to the boy by his father, a precious gift that he treasured with all his heart.

It's normal… Arinn forced himself to think. Fighting was a normal part of having children. He didn't like it, but it was normal.

Only roughly a dozen miles away, a large, ominous shadow flew over Erebor, the very edge of the dark silhouette growing dangerously closer to Dale. Arinn was again outside, working without rest on the planting of the season. Eli, seemingly unseperable from his father, sat in the cool shade beneath the dogwood tree, the smooth gray stone lying in his hands.

Suddenly, a loud but distant screech was heard, and Arinn looked up instantaneously toward the shadow. "A dragon…!" He muttered under his breath in disbelieve. "Eli! A dragon! We need to get home and warn everyone. ELI?" Arinn pulled himself from the ground and looked around frenetically, calling his son's name.

Eli had already taken off. He heard his father yelling behind him, but he would catch up, wouldn't he? He would suspect that Eli was a smart enough boy to run home, wouldn't he? "Papa! I'm over here!" a rising wind and the rustling of field grass soon drowned his voice out.

His legs were growing weak; he wasn't used to running this long and far. He stopped for a moment and twirled frantically, looking and yelling for his father without answer. Deciding that it was absolutely necessary that he got home, he continued running, running, toward the seemingly-safe confines of his home.

"Eli! Eli? Where are you?" Arinn cast another quickly glance toward the north, but then turned his eyes back to the land in front of him. Where was his son?

Eli could not run any longer. With one last scream, he collapsed amidst the tall millet. His breath came slow and he moaned like a small wounded animal. Arinn found him five minutes later, lying sprawled on his stomach in the dirt. Muttering his son's name, he tried to crack a smile as he lifted him from the ground and cradled him like an even younger child.

The boy cracked open his dreamlike eyes, struggling to get a good hold on his father's loose shirt. "Papa, I'm sorry dat I ran. I'm just real scared of dragons. An' I wanted ta be tha big boy, warnin' everyone 'bout it. I'm sorry," his bottom lip puckered and a single tear dropped down his cheek onto his heaving chest.

While he wanted to express how serious what he had done was, Arinn couldn't seem to bring himself to do it. Instead, he hugged Eli close and shook his head, kept walking fleetly, and said, "Do not worry. We will go home and tell Mama, and then I will go out and tell everyone else around here."

"Okay Papa. But… but d'you think dat I could come with you?" Eli's breathing came a little slower now, nearing its normal rate.

Arinn sighed. He could not let Eli find that he was scared as well. "We will just have to see."