View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 02:53 AM   #555
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
My plan is to try and record a duet version this weekend, but you know what they say about plans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Entirely unrelated news - more videos! It occurred to me today that it's been a while since I've done a skim of new postings, and here's what a search brought up:

Renunciation - not my favourite version. For one thing, you can't see Cel&Cur. Also, I don't really like Maksim Rakovsky's take on Finrod here. And I am a bigger fan of the more classical takes on music. However, this production shares your ideas on denoting characters with heraldic devices!

Minions - is this the only performance outside the V1 and V2 casts? I feel like Minions isn't a commonly performed/recorded piece. Fun fact: in the spirit of having Finrod/Sauron switching roles, this time Sauron is played by Maksim Rakovsky, who was Finrod in the last batch of videos! I don't think I am surprised with this switch - he did play a very excellent Cauchon in Eterius's Joan of Arc production (the third of the Temple musical trilogy), and made a deliciously good villain.
Ooh! I'm not a huge fan of Beren's Iron Man look (though at least they didn't wind up using his own Silmaril-themed device!), but I do like White Robe Sauron. Not his knockoff iron crown, of course, but the coat looks very good.

So... this is the same actor playing both parts? Clearly with the same set, too, though the dates say there's a couple of months between them. I admit I wouldn't expect him to jump back and forwards between the two main roles!

hS