View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 08:59 PM   #246
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Also in preparation for the potential group recording on the weekend, I sketched out 3 voice lines for the choir part. My plan is to split them up into separate files, so that we can hear each line individually, and use that to guide the recording. If it works out it will be pretty cool.

I will not have much time between now and our meeting on Saturday to adjust things. So if there is a spot of music that you liked better in the performances (and mine sounds different, because I wasn't following either one exactly) - let me know so I can change it on time. Same for the choir lyrics.

Unless you have preferences/suggestions, I think I am leaning towards either "Set on perilous road" - or even "In defiance of Woe". Because "load" was there to rhyme with "boat", which became "floe", so... Going back closer to the original meaning, and getting rid of the "load". What do you say to "in defiance of Woe"?

Other less urgent thoughts on lyrics:
- Who would dare to challenge me --> Who has dared to challenge me?
- Next to him, the rest of them - nothing wrong with this line, but for some reason it's not hitting the target in my brain. I am happy for it to stay, just consodering the possibility of alternatives. Next to him, this ragged lot? Other Eldar next to him? Dunno, maybe just stick with what's there.
- Any thoughts on the ambiguous stanza about who is paying which price? I think it makes sense the way it is now (Sauron says this is the payment for impertinence/stubbornness, Finrod says it's also the payment for keeping his honour, and they are referring to the same thing so it synchs up).

Also, would Finrod sing along with the choir, as in V1, or only sing the solo, as in V2? Or something in between - like only starting singing mid-way? I don't think this affects what the choir does, as he would just join the dominant melody line if he joins them.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 09-03-2020 at 10:12 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote