View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 03:47 PM   #16
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
White Tree A good point.

hee hee . Sounds like your talking about me... (i'm a sun sign: scorpio, moon sign: pisces or in other words the biggest rebel around.)

Good point. But, i'm still curious about something. Yes, Cancers are willing to start their own family as well as helping their own, but with all water signs is their basic foundation. Emotion! All water signs are controled by their emotions. Interesting thing though, scorpios may not be into the whole "family" idea but, they do govern a partial aspect of love.

"Water signs are plastic, unstable, reflective, reponsive and fertile. The keyword for the water signs is "emotion" for water has to do with our emotional vehicles and the astral level of expression...
Scorpio, the Fixed water sign represents the control and mastery of the meotional nature throgh loving Will...
Scorpio is 'the stagnant waters of the marshes; unhealthy and hidden things which must be brought to light and transmuted.'
" (Astrology a cosmic science, Isabel M. Hickey)

So, now we still can say Boromir does have feelings but, he's not the "emotional genorator" as Cancer is. Scorpio's are emotional sponges, soaking up every emotional response to a person, place or thing to better understand it. Also Scorpio is what is known as a "Mental" sign. They would rather use their minds then brute reasoning. I can see this when boromir tries to perswade Frodo (a Libra) to take up his advice and road home. Only problem is that Libra's take forever to make up their mind, (the whole scale ideal) weighing out everything to make the best choice. Frodo might have been thinking only on the present, but Boromir had been collecting emotional information on him for months. (Scorpios make excellent stalkers, spies, ect.) And i think that might had been why boromir was impatient to act. He saw in the situation that if he had the most information on this choice than fordo did, why shouldn't frodo take it up? Ending result: Undecision+Calculated Perswasion= CONFLICT.

Another aspect that would be good to know is what makes a fixed sign a fixed sign?
"the fixed signs are Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. the fixed signs manifest as "Will". They follow the Cardinal signs. They are the most consistent and persistent of the signs. They are reticent and non-committal on first approach. The force in fixed signs becomes a quiet, organizing force. Fixed signs indicate action motivated by principles. They are unswervingly stubborn and will never deviate form a set path unless they want to do so. They are the planners, theformula makers, and the construtors. The fixed signs are the most difficult to describe for their basic motivations are seldom obvious and they do not reveal them willingly. They are reservoirs of energy and power. They have a definite pattern and resist all outer interference that will alter it." (Isable M. Hickey)

From this wonderful description, I can see that this seems to describe the dwarves more than Boromir but, some aspects do mention some patterns of his. At first, Boromir never bothers with Frodo with questions. Later on though, it becomes very apparent what Boromir is after. Another influence is what the ring did to Boromir. Both the ring and Sauron are wonderful examples of the Darker side of scorpio, or the Pluto aspect of pluto, not the Minerva aspect (I will explain this in a later essay). One aspect of any scorpio weither positive or negative is control. What the difference is how they recieve that position. A more positive scorpio would build up allinences of loving will, or friendly persuasions through motivation. A darker scorpio aspect would be ruthless and destructive to make their point known and demands made. With this in mind, we can see that the ring didn't own Boromir, but gave him a more seemingly at that point in time better advantage. Scorpios' like to stay ahead of the game at all costs. This is one reason why they are known for stamina and deturnmination.

As I mentioned before, Boromir is not without emotions. Scorpio governs generation, degeneration, and regeneration. Scorpio individuals have strong passions that need regenerations. Or how Isabel M. Hickey explains:

"Scorpios are truly powerful when they do not seek power for self, but seek to be used by the power to heal and bless others. Their goals are reached by service, purity, compassion, and humility. When they serve others and forget themselves they are truly dynamic and majestic. Scorpios are not likely to have a happy marriage until they have redeemed and transformed their natures. Yet marriages and relationships are extremely important for them. Their regeneration lies in learning to be cooperative and outgoning towards others." (Isabel M. Hickey)

Scorpios (I should know this...) would love nothing more than to live out their lives alone on Private Islands away from the world and others. But, unfortunately, we can't. In other words, Scorpio the passionate, must become Pisces the Compassionate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Faramir, I am not really sure. But, i see more of a Sagittarius or Pisces than Cancer. Faramir is willing to change on dime you might say, something both these signs are able to do.

As for a keywords of the day, here they are:

Cardinal signs (Cancer, Libra, Aries and Capricorn): interested in crisis, in activity and what is going on.

Fixed Signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius) : Interested in values and ideas.

Mutable Signs (Gemini, Virgo, Pisces and Sagittarius): Interested in people and relationships.

Hope you all enjoy.

~Ka~
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote