Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #1290
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Yes. The answer itself is within Tolkien; in order to get there you have to combine knowledge of Tolkien's stuff with other stuff. This will give you an answer that's valid with said "other stuff" but also happens to be Tolkienian. Like a cryptic, in that sense; only not on the verbal level.

Gosh, that was complicated.

A clue as to where you need to look can be found in the word "devil."
Okies...

Well I have looked up all the names for the devil I can find and only "old Harry" seems to have any hint of Middle Earth as in Mr Goat leaf... The devils of Middle Earth would be Morgoth and Sauron.... arguably Feanor as a fallen Lucifer ala Paradise lost.. but I can't see how they would make sense with the rest of the clue. Lusting after the dumb brunette doesn't seem to quite equate with a wooing....

I am struggling to think of characters who had problems with wooing..as opposed to getting Daddy's consent... Not Aldarion, Turin maybe, Eol more or less kidnapped Aredhel...

Gah,... not sure if I am being dim or overthinking or both...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote