View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 02:28 PM   #9
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Niniel

Niniel turned as another new customer walked into the Inn, ready to flee if need be, though she doubted that it would be necessary. The Innkeeper was quite good at keeping the peace, after all, and there was very little likelyhood that anyone she knew (or had stolen from) would come to the Dragon looking for her. If they did, well, she'd figure something out.

This g.irl, though, didn't look at all threatening. She was fairly pretty, as things go, and dressed in rather worn clothing. Niniel sympathized; her own clothes, though scrupulously clean (a dirty thief was a memorable thief, and thus easy to catch), were worn around the hems and somewhat faded from her travels and travails.

A little white head poked out of the protective circle of the newcomer's arms, and Niniel gave a little start of delight. Such a sweet little creature, much more to her taste than the hawk that someone had had a few days agon. Derufin didn't seem to need any assistance at the moment, so, curious, Niniel slipped through the early-morning crowd to the g.irl, who was dozing in a no-longer empty corner.

"M-m-may I j-j-join you?" the dark-haired ex-thief asked softly.

Reynion

The honeyed oats tasted surprisingly good Reynion's wine-dulled senses. His stomach contracted in sudden acknowledgement of his recent lack of food and he choked slightly on the mouthful Taurewen had given him. She pulled back, concerned, but he shook his head. "Just tried to swallow a little too much, melamin," he explained. "I--I haven't eaten in a while."

"How long is a while?" asked Taurewen, her healer's mindset coming to the fore and her face concerned. Reynion was suddenly struck with just what he was getting into, with a healer for a lover. Somehow he doubted that he would be getting drunk any time soon.

"Just--just a while. It doesn't matter anyway; I'm eating now, amn't I?"

"Yes," she had to admit. "But just how long did you not eat?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. I don't pay a great deal of attention to that sort of thing."

She kept looking at him until he had to confess, "Two weeks. Maybe three."

"Rey!"