View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #23
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Everyone in the cafe looked up in surprise as the door swung open and a stranger entered the room. He was well dressed, clean shaven, and walked with confidence and grace. His eyes shone with intelligence.

"Who are you, sir?" asked Kuru rising from his seat.

"The man that you threw out of your theatre for being too loud last weekend" answered the stranger. "And I don't blame you- I deserved it."

"Ph-phantom?" stuttered Perky Ent.

"Who else?" said the phantom with a smile.

"I didn't recognize you all.. you know- decent looking."

"Well, get used to it. I'm not touching another mug of ale ever again. I've been running away from wolves and trying to drown my nightmares about them for long enough. I think it's about time I killed them- or at least die trying. I will regain my lost honor."
Quote:
I think we need to keep a good eye on the Kuru. There's been nothing but trouble since that faire came to town.
Yes, yes, there's nothing wrong with keeping an eye on him. He is a shrewd and cunning individual, and it's bad news for this village if he is a wolf.

However, his cunning could serve us well in the coming days if he is an innocent. I am not willing to cast a stone at him this early- not until we have some evidence against him. We have no real information to work with right now, and I think it would be extremely unwise to kill one of our best thinkers with no evidence.

Now, I'm not saying I think he is innocent- so don't hold my defense of him against me later if he turns out to be a wolf. I'm just saying that if I had to lynch someone on a completely random guess, I would not want Kuru to be the one to die.