View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 09:31 AM   #97
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I would never make fun of the newbies who are trying to learn, I myself could probably be considered a newbie. I've only read LOR twice, The Silmarillion twice and the Hobbit twice (not including the graphic novel which is like a huge comic book of the Hobbit) But anyway, it is annoying when people claim to have read the books. Such as an ex- friend of my brothers (they're not friends for other reason than this). My brother asked him a question because he didn't believe his friend had actually read the books *just a note my bro hasn't read them either but knows enough from what I've told him, the little details and such* anyway I believe he asked him who Shelob was, or something to that effect, his friend replied that it was some bird or something. When my brother told him that was wrong that she was in fact a rather large spider he didn't belive him! Oh boy! and let me not forget he stated he couldn't wait for Tolkiens next LOR book to come out, sorry little boy I'm afraid he's no longer among the living, and LOR was meant to be a trilogy only.

I really hope i don't have the tendency to stick info in people's faces, I mean if their incorrect about something I will politely correct but sometimes they take that the wrong way, thinking I'm obsessed or trying to show off, its not like I just start going off on a tangent about all that is LOR. It sometimes makes me sad But ohwell thats what you guys are here for support!

Last edited by Esgallhugwen; 04-28-2004 at 09:36 AM.
Esgallhugwen is offline   Reply With Quote