Thread: Reputations
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 05:21 PM   #312
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
I've been tempted to give a negative rep to people that repeatedly spam a thread with silly and/or uninteresting off-topic commentary, and refuse to cease and desist after having been requested to do so nicely. That pretty much makes steam come out of my ears (and, if I'm at a computer cluster instead of my room, makes people around me give me weird looks). Not only is this a waste of space, it also shows a blatant disregard for those who are actually trying to have a discussion, and allows decent threads to disintegrate into... well, insert your choice words here.

But then again, the minute I point my cursor at the little scale, I start having second thoughts. I feel bad. I convince myself that they didn't mean it. That they won't do it again. That I've done this sort of thing too and am being a hypocrite.

So I don't do it.

I would make the worst dictator. I'm completely incapable of the whole iron fist thing.