View Single Post
Old 08-31-2002, 02:39 PM   #1
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Sting Burglary, Pockets and the Hobbit

It's very interesting the way that the Hobbit revolves about pockets.
Quote:
So he stood and hesitated in the shadows. Of the various burglarious proceedings he had heard of picking the trolls' pockets seemed the least difficult, so at last he crept behind a tree just behind William.
Bert and Tom went off to the barrel. William was having another drink. Then Bilbo plucked up courage and put his little hand in William's enormous pocket.
Well, you could say that Bilbo had to do that because he was a "burglar" after all (supposedly), but what about the ring.
Quote:
"What have I got in my pocket?" he said aloud. He was talking to himself, but Gollum thought it was a riddle, and he was frightfully upset.
"Not fair! not fair!" he hissed. "It isn't fair, my precious, is it, to ask us what it's got in its nassty little pocketses?"
Interesting to note that the most important artifact in ME lay in Bilbo's pocket.
I wonder, Bilbo's pocket and the fact that he was a burglar that pick pockets. A coincidence or not? I mean, after all:
Quote:
"What's a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?"
Che pensi tu?