View Single Post
Old 01-17-2003, 10:49 PM   #16
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sorry this took so long, I was busy. But here's the profile that I worked up...

Name: Arethin
Race: Man of Dale

History: Arethin was the son of a trader and an artist, with one younger brother. His family was fairly well-off until his father's death in a fire when he was fourteen years old. He began working as a laborer to help support his family, in supplement to his mother's income selling her paintings. He was always a bright young man, but could not finish his education after his father's death.

His mother fell ill when he was twenty, and since then he has searched for a cure for her. His brother, seven years younger than he, is ready to take up the burden of helping to support the family.

Personality: Arethin is a gentle, easy-going man. He's very strong, and knows his strength, and is all the more gentle for it. Arethin is fiercely loyal to those he is close to, and though it is difficult to anger him, if his friends or family are threatened he is a force to be reckoned with. He's not argumentative, and generally bends to the will of those in charge, but occasionally he will pop out of his shell and debate heatedly over decisions.

Appearance: Arethin is a little over six feet tall with mid-neck length sun-bleached hair and brown eyes. He is strongly built from his work. He wears a khaki shirt and dark breeches. Despite his build, most peoples' first impressions of Arethin are of a shy, introverted, but kind young man.

Weapons: Arethin, being the self-appointed protector of his family, is quite skilled with a sword, and in hand-to-hand combat. He can use a bow if necessary, but prefers no weapon at all; his size is an advantage over most enemies.

~*~Orual~*~