Old 01-15-2003, 04:18 AM   #8
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Quote:
Please, no Dwarves or Hobbits.
Quote:
I was hoping to keep the characters varied.
...hang on! Something doesn't quite add up...

Garn! I was so excited when I read the first post, but you Dale people think you're so much better than we Dwarves! How about just one? I already have a Dwarf Loremaster character who would be ideal on this quest, and would provide some variety and spice. In the pre-Smaug years I imagine there were quite a few Dwarves skulking around Dale. Here's a little sample:
Quote:
After the second tale had finished, and it is apparent that the will to tell his tales was not dimmed, a man asked of the longbeard:
"Sir, what is your name? From whence came you?"
"MY NAME?! MY NAME??!!" he roared, his eyes blazing, and the beer swilling from his mug, as he stomped over to the man and slammed his tankard down on the wooden table. His eyes wide and wild, he stared at the man who was now quivering in his seat.
"I have forgotten." he said, took up his drink and walked across the room again. It may be that through the course of his long life, all the Dwarf came to remember were the tales that he told. For they were his life as well as his craft, and he had desire to know nothing else. That is not to say that he brooded endlessly on his lore and his histories. But when not at task, he simply thought of nothing else. He could roast a boar, pour a beer, change his clothes, and do by instinct all things necessary to sustain him through life. But the only reason he lived, now that he had been consumed by them, was to tell his stories.
This quest would be earlier on in his life, though, before he has gone completely nutty. Let me know if I should post a Bio for him or not. Cheers.