Thread: Wierd?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 08:34 AM   #55
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Why does it seem as if i am the last poster of a topic that no one else posts on any longer?
Don't worry... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I feel a bit reliefed after reading through this thread, I'm happy I'm not the only one who is a bit intimidated by the advanced discussion section that is "The books".
I have read most of the discussions there, and usually I have a clear opinion about the topics that are discussed.
But until now, I have barely posted there.
First of all, because most of the people that are frequently on "the books" seem very intelligent to me, and really know what they are talking about. And I think I still have much to learn before I will feel comfortable posting there.

The second reason is more of a practical one: I often have problems expressing myself in english. I know my english isn't that bad (or I really do hope!) but mostly it is far not sufficient to express what I really want to say, and therefor, I think it is wiser not to post, to avoid misunderstandings, and also to avoid to come across childish in an advanced discussion.

This leads to a lot of frustrations for my part, posting in ME Mirth isn't that challenging.