View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 06:15 PM   #398
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Sauce, you said:

Quote:
I suspect, however, that there may be a significant difference between the stereotypical French-Canadian and the stereotypical British-Canadian.
Right. One group of us listens to Celine while the other listens to Shania. One group prepares fevres aux larde with maple syrup while the other uses brown sugar in baked beans. One group says, "Comment ca va, heh?" while the other says, "How's it goin', eh?" But neither group has fifty words for snow. Or any other activity.

Fordim, we could always send Sir Ian some black flies. Then he could imagine he was roughing it in the bush. (That's a Margaret Atwood allusion, for those of you unfamiliar with CanLit.) I think those who don't qualify as Honourary Canadians might be named Newfoundlanders, don't you think? Pre-Con that is, to retain the old colonial spirit.