View Single Post
Old 12-25-2003, 07:57 PM   #26
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out in the next few years. Because this isn't the first time that there has been hype about LotR. When the books came to America it started a phenomenon.<P>So now the same thing is happening again. Exept in a different way.<P>I know most of you feel sick when you see Frodo on a Burger King cup but I actually find it very amusing. I've enjoyed all this exitement about LotR. It is what has made me such a fan. I bought the books at the advice of my father totally ignorant to the fact that there was a movie being made. I read the book and loved it. But it would have ended there if I hadn't been surrounded with such enthusiasm. I will be sad to see it all mellow out.<P>But the LotR itself will never die down. These movies wern't the first interpretation of Tolkien and they won't be the last. <P>Time and time again the books will be revisited and loved. Each time there will be a new generation of fans who will be able to relate to the troubles of the characters as well as those in Tolkien's time and those in our time.<P>Yes, there won't be anymore Gandalf bobble heads but the legacy of LotR will never end. This isn't an end, but a new begaining.<P>"The road goes ever on and on...."<P>~Rose Cotton