View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 06:43 PM   #847
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Surely the two of you aren't surprised by the outcome. I'm really not.

People tend to vote for who they identify with. An average person obviously identifies with average characters- characters who don't change the world and don't have an extraordinary amount of power and ability.

But naturally, no one likes to think of themselves as being "average", and this shows through in the way they treat their very average favorite characters. They attempt to build them up through speculation and pretend that they did great things that just weren't mentioned, just as they pretend that they themselves have done things of value.

And they also love to say that their character could've been great, if only etc etc, because that is what they would like to believe about themselves ("I could/would/should be great, if only....").

Heh. I can almost feel the icy glares of my opponents through my computer. My work here is done.

No icy glares here, sorry...

Just wondering how you're going to fit Smaug's victory in Survivor: The Hobbit into this theory.