View Single Post
Old 05-20-2002, 08:13 PM   #141
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Standing on a small hillock in the dark, a glass of shiraz wine swirling in a crystal goblet, piosenniel watches the group of serious faced hobbits approach the party grounds. A shiriff and his hedge-lieutenants, torches blazing against the darkening night sky. The flames catch in the facets of the crystal and reflect back in a riot of color toward the wide-eyed hobbits.

Seeing something, perhaps a monster trying to hypnotize them with a light show, the shiriff calls out in an official voice - 'You there, stand forth and show yourself!'

Being an obedient elven maiden, piosenniel stands forth, waving her hand at the hobbits as she drains the wine. 'Welcome, welcome to the birthday party.' she cries. You're just in time! I've just seen two wagons come through hauling kegs of the best ales from the Prancing Pony and the Green Dragon. Not to mention Farmer Maggot who's come in with a several large sacks of mushrooms and tomatoes. I think he and Mrs. Maggot are setting up over at the cook tent and plan to serve on of their specials. If you hurry you're sure to get a plate and a pint or two!'

'Now see here, young miss.' says the shiriff.'We've come about a complaint of underage drinking and carousing going on here abouts. What about that!'

'Well, I haven't actually seen any of that going on, sir. & as for myself, I'm plenty old enough to be drinking . . . & carousing - all in a sane and legal way , of course!'

'Sir, sir' came several hobbit voices from behind the shirrif. 'We can smell them mushrooms frying and the taste for a pint has got us. Let's check out the eats and drink area for any unlawful activities. This party looks like it will be going strong for a while - let's look for those other problems later.' 'Yeah, much later!' came the eager assent from the entire group.

'Well, gentle hobbits, allow me to show you the way to the party . . . er, miscreants . . . or whatever you'ld like to call them. & thanks for bringing the torches, they'll make for nice lighting at the dance area!'

[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]