View Single Post
Old 05-05-2002, 06:01 PM   #5
Lostgaeriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lostgaeriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I agree with Peter Jackson that special effects technology had always been the stumbling block preventing anyone (himself included) from seriously considering doing this project until now. <P>So "let's pretend" that all film directors of any time period get the full use of WETA Workshop and WETA Digital. Afterall, that's just technology (TOOLS), not artistry or vision (what you want to say and how you use the tools to say it). [This from the Director's viewpoint. The people who work for WETA are artists and craftspersons in their own right.]<P>That way we can have an 'intellectual' discussion. Really, I'm looking to find some other film-buffs on the Downs. Feel free to get verbose. TELL ME ABOUT RIDLEY SCOTT!!! How would he film Helm's Deep? Shots, lighting, pacing, editing, whatever. Analagous scenes from his other films? Details, please. I would like to LEARN from anyone who cares to share. <P>I've only seen 3 of his movies: Alien, Thelma & Louise, and G.I. Jane. (His 'girl-movies', I guess.)<P>For starters, would Ridley Scott have cast Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn? <BR>Orlando Bloom as Legolas?<BR>Ian Holm as Bilbo?<BR>Trick questions? <p>[ May 05, 2002: Message edited by: Lostgaeriel ]