View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 01:28 PM   #199
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hanasían shrugged slightly when Frea looked his way, and he quickly departed without words. He worried about his brother. Hanasían worried about him too, but what can you do? There were many who were disabled in one way or anorther from the war, having been fortuante enough to have lived.

He sat observingly as Hearpwine asked the maiden for a walk. Her look seemed to have an effect on the bard as he stirred in his seat. Her reaction and his turning back to converse put a smile on Hanasían's face.

'Aye, no, I have not met any of the famous hobbits who were of renown in the war, or the ringbearer himself. But the tale of Fordo's magical dance still is told amonst pints at the Prancing Pony in Bree.'

Thoughts of the Shire and the unfortunate turn of events that brought hard times upon the land of the halflings sorrowed Hanasían, for if there were a time the Shire could have used a sword or two was when Sarumann and his orcish ruffians invaded its borders. But alas, we were all called to war either here in the south, or in the Mistys of which things could have been much worse for them had it not been so. Hanasían went on telling Hearpwine of the Shirelands, though he had never set foot there, nor will ever.

'The shirelands, are seemingly green and lush from what I've seen from its borderlands. I know their pipeweed and brew are the best, and though most seem reluctant to travel anywhere, I was glad that Hobs Burrowes did get the adventure bug from the Green Dragon tales from the travelers. Did you not meet Meriadoc when he was here in Rohan?'