View Single Post
Old 01-07-2003, 02:28 PM   #8
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Helen,

Thanks for the topic.

I fear I am in Isengard during an unusually warm winter. I am attempting to stay out of harm's way with mixed success.

The natural world is fine. The weather is warm, up into the 60s during the afternoons, and quite sunny. No sign of rain or snow in sight, but the sandy beaches, I am afraid, are miles away. I don't see any nice green landscape, only lots of commerce and industry and the smokestacks of the refineries. Plus, my cracked ribs ache so much that this has got to be someplace with lots of Shadow. I swear I saw Sauron's agents lurking in darkness around the next corner just the other day.

I admit this is not my favorite time of year. I always identify with poor old Frodo on his return to the Shire as he counted the days, dreading March 13 and October 6. Many years ago, in January, we lost a baby to SIDS. We have two great kids who keep us scrambling, but that day still tugs at the heart.

The good news is that Spring comes very early here, and while the rest of you poor, freezing folk will still be struggling along the Redhorn Pass, we hope to begin seeing flower bulbs poking through in our gardens. I definitely have visions of daffodils in my head, and once these ribs manage to mend, I hope, like Samwise, to do something to achieve that goal.

Gandalf -- good luck with that interview!

sharon

[ January 07, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]