View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
An interesting voice for Smaug would be Kiefer Sudderland~Farael
I fully agree about Kiefer (don't know how to spell his last name either) having a great voice for Smaug. I don't know if you've seen the movie Phone Booth? It wasn't all that great (mainly because it's got Colin Ferell) but that doesn't take away from Kiefer's great performance. For 99% of the movie Kiefer is just the voice in the phone booth talking to Colin, and I know exactly what you mean.

Quote:
But I wouldn't want Ian McKellen back... I really didn't find his portrayal exceptional~Mithalwen
When I see Elrond in FOTR I can't stop thinking of Agent Smith, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Mr. Weaving is a great and accomplished actor. You definitely have to see V for Vendetta. That's what happens I think to actors when they star/lead in such ground-breaking movies...when they play in a different movie, you just can't stop thinking about their previous character in a different movie.

When I watched X-men I could not stop thinking of Magdalf and Captain Xacard...but that doesn't take away from the fact that both Mckellan and Stewart are amazing actors with such great and powerful voices.

I mean PJ's first choice for Gandalf was Sam Neil...I love Sam Neil's movies, but he's just not the kind of person I think of as Gandalf...and quite frankly if he got the role, I think Gandalf would have been an awful character. Despite my love for Mr. Neil, I don't think Middle-earth movies are his type of thing...and certainly can't imagine him playing someone like Gandalf.

I do agree with Alan Rickman though...if he could be taken away from the HP movies that is. Besides Sean Bean, he's probably my favorite actor that plays in a wide range of different roles and movies. I guess if Rickman's agent wanted to he could be like Cyclop's (don't know the actors name) agent for the X-men movies...just say forget X-3 you're going to be playing in Superman.

Eomer, oooh love that choice for Beorn.