View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 03:55 PM   #503
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
I would like to send paranoia. Specifically my recently acquired paranoia about people online. One of my friends (who I only know via the net and not at all in real life since she lives in Manchester) wasn't online for a few days and I was just wondering where she was and it got me thinking, how would I know if she was hurt or something? What if she had been run over by a bus and killed? I would never know, all I would know is that she wasn't online anymore so I could surmise that something had happened to her but I would never really know. And then I thought that no, you would never know if someone you only knew via the internet died, because only they know their password to forums and instant messaging systems, and if they died suddenly then they wouldn't be able to tell anyone their password so we'd never know.

So yes I would like to assign that thought process that kept me awake all night and vaguely worried all day until said friend turned up on MSN this evening.
Oh but I've thought ahead. I've hidden a little note in my bedroom with my username and password for the 'Downs. That way if anything ever happens to me when whoever cleans out my room finds it they'll know to tell you guys.

But of course if I die because my house burnt down, that might not work.

EDIT: Just realised, if something does happen to me, Glirdy will tell you all. So no need for the note.

And to stay on topic: I assign computer problems to Mordor.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 10-25-2005 at 04:31 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote