View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 09:28 PM   #13
CSteefel
Wight

CSteefel has just left Hobbiton.
It should be noted that Galadriel held all in her gaze, but Aragorn and Legolas showed no embarassment or discomfort. I assume based on Aragorn's statement later on the Tongue when they were departing that:

......... "Lady, you know all my desire, and long held in keeping the only treasure that I seek".

This suggests that Galadriel offered Aragorn the chance to be with Arwen, but as Aragorn says:

......... "It is not yours to give me...",

thus the lack of a response from Aragorn. Similarly, I expect that Legolas was offered a chance to go back to his northern woods:

......... "The heart of Legolas was running under the stars of a summer night in some northern glade amid the beechwoods:"

I would agree with the comments above that only Boromir was offered the Ring, or perhaps the taking of the Ring to Gondor--the others would have been looking for something else. Gimli was probably offered gold, the usual (and predictable?) temptation of the dwarves...

Last edited by CSteefel; 09-22-2021 at 09:53 PM.
CSteefel is offline   Reply With Quote