View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 04:01 AM   #7
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I disagree about Aragorn. He was a man of authority and power, and all of his aim was to fulfill his destiny. I would imagine that he, like Boromir, was tempted to take the Ring and to use it for good, much like Gandalf had described early on; but unlike Boromir, passed the test.

Gimli would have been tempted to become a mountain king, fingers running with gold; perhaps not just a mountain king, but ruler of the Dwarves; his ambition would match his ability.

Legolas could have been tempted to become a very dangerous being, I think. Maybe he was an Elf of the "darkness," that is, his forbears never having gone inot the West, but that does not mean that he was not capable of mighty things. I can imagine him having been tempted to use the Ring to bring the Elves back into their former glory.

I would expect that the Hobbits had lesser ambitions. Pippin to be the next Great Took, for example.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote