View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 01:30 PM   #2
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Well, I'll start with a softball: Aragorn, if tempted (since he doesn't seem fazed by anything that I recall and he DOES have a history in Lórien) is tempted as they all are with abandoning the quest in favour of something more appealing to him. In his case, that seems most likely to be Arwen and Rivendell: eloping and running away.

Although I'm not sure how tempting that'd be. The advantage Aragorn has after decades of wandering is that he knows nowhere is safe. The temptation to run and let someone else deal with it might not be much of a temptation when you know how little time that'd leave you. So perhaps the temptation has to go the other way: domineering kingship--perhaps even the Ring or some alliance with Sauron. Given Aragorn's arc in the later chapters of exercising Right Kingship, that might fit, though it's hard for me to say that it's quite right.