View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #40
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Interesting use of the apostrophe there. The Tolkien's WHAT I wonder.
You got to the mocking before me, I'm afraid. I was going to say a similar thing about the article. As I was reading it, I was waiting for them to say what, exactly, was Tolkien's.

If it were possible, and this is all 'what if', anyway, the park should be laid out like Middle-earth. The boarders of the park would be like the boarders of Middle-earth during the third age. The Shire would be north-west, Mordor and Gondor being south-east. They'll have the "Misty Mountains" in the middle. That would be where the Moria and eagles rides would be. In order to get from one side to the other, there would be the "Trek up the Misty Mountains Cold" attraction, where one could rock climb or go on a short hike. For the walking-impaired there would be a trolley or a gondola taking guests from one side to the other.

As with other resorts, there would be hotels in this park. A hobbit-themed one where people could stay in hobbit holes in the Shire, an elven themed one where people could stay in flets in Lothlorien, and they would make Minas Tirith, and have a hotel in there, along with people in costume stimulating life in the city. Of course, the workers would all be in appropriate costume for the part of Middle-earth they worked in.

There should also be an area that is purely dedicated to the life of J.R.R. Tolkien, with tours of a model of his house, or something. There also should be places where guests could write letters to their favourite characters. They could learn how to write with a quill, and write on parchment paper.

There should be an Old Man Willow ride where they stimulate being eaten and drowned by Old Man Willow, with the end of it being Tom Bombadil coming to rescue you! And also a "Carry Me Up the Mountain" attraction where you get to carry your friends up Mt. Doom. It will be a competition to see how long you could last! A real Mt. Doom attraction too! In fact, all large Middle-earth landmarks would have their own attractions!

This puts me in mind to copy a map of Middle-earth and take notes of where rides and attractions might be, then upload it and post it here. How cool would that be! I love planning these sorts of things!