View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 07:49 AM   #643
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Yeah, you jump an octave. I thought it was kinda cool at first, but then I started wondering if that was a sign the range is weird. Your call, I'm happy to do some shifts when it's done, just let me know.
It's just me starting without practicing, and not bothering to fix it. I can sing the whole thing at the higher octave no problem.

Quote:
I like this, for all the reasons you say. I think it can be read either way, it sounds good, it makes sense. I totally agree about the nice touch with shifting from "king" to "friend". "Could vs can"... I think "could" has a slightly nicer ring to it, and adds to your take on Finrod finding purpose in self-sacrifice without taking away the other meaning, but I don't feel strongly about it. Do you have a preference?
I've put 'could' in; if it doesn't sing right I can always switch it.

Quote:
Loooool. I spent so much time trying to come up with plausible near-rhymes for "Beren"! Wow. Well, I suppose it's no loss then. *shakes head at herself*
In fairness I may have known when you first wrote it! A lot of water has passed under a lot of bridges since then, and some things that should not have been forgotten... were lost.

hS