View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #23
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
StW, while I agree with the view that Aragorn is one of the most righteous, just, and ethical characters of the story, I disagree that he was absolutely pure, moral, good...however you want to put it. There is a little Aragorn quote regarding the capture of Gollum and moving him to Mirkwood, where Aragorn wasn't all that gentle with him. Also, I find his arrival in Rohan, where he demands his will should trump the will of Theoden, in Theoden's own hall to sound rather power-hungry and over the top. Why else would Gandalf restrain Aragorn from asserting his "power?"

As a side note to the "Let's hunt some orc" bit in the movies, Bethberry, you might find this interesting:
Quote:
"I am called Strider," answered Aragorn. "I came out of the North. I am hunting orcs."~The Riders of Rohan