View Single Post
Old 08-10-2003, 06:48 AM   #64
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Maika - I assure you, Elena is not blaming Dryea, nor does she know that Dryea started these rumours. She certainly does not disbelieve Dryea - but Elena is a thinker. She is not a 'giddy noblewoman' and she is here in Minas Tirith to learn. Elena is the kind of character who would think things over before she believed them. Thinking it over, she DOES believe it, so there is no threat to Dryea's character at all.

I simply didn't feel that Elena would have believed it all so quickly, which is why I put in a post with her thinking it all over.

And while I agree that people would admire Dryea - it's part of what makes her such a powerful character, after all - they don't worship her. They all have individual characters, and Dryea can't expect to have so much power over all of them - it's in human nature to have doubts sometimes. Dryea is human, and not some kind of a goddess.

Varda

[ August 10, 2003: Message edited by: *Varda* ]