View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 04:38 PM   #27
Linnahiril Tinnufinwen
Haunting Spirit

Linnahiril Tinnufinwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"I'm hungry," said Hanna. Both Asphodel and Halfred turned to look at her. It was the first thing she had said all evening.

"Of course you are, my dear!" said Halfred. "What a great blockhead I am, starving my daughters half to death, all because of the Big Folk. Let us eat my dear, let us eat!"

Asphodel was glad that her father and sister seemed to be regaining their spirits again. For awhile, there seemed to have been a bit of commotion involving the Big Folks and a Hobbit, but it did not last for long. They were now all eating and drinking together. Asphodel was glad that her father sat with his back to them, because if he had seen that Angry Brandybuck was dinning with strange Big Folks, he would have marched right up to the poor young man and boxed his ears.

Asphodel was somewhat familiar with Angry Brandybuck. They had passed each other many times on the roads, had attended the same functions, and even had played together as children. Her father knew his father, and they sometimes did business together. "He's a nice young man," thought Asphodel, "though I hardly know him." She would never have told a soul, but she suspected that Hanna had taken a bit of a fancy to him.

Asphodel was pulled suddenly out of her solitary reflections by the sound of her father's voice.

"By the hair on my feet," he exclaimed, as a fair-haired Hobbit woman approached thier table. "If it isn't Belladonna Boffin!"

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:52 PM January 25, 2004: Message edited by: Linnahiril Tinnufinwen ]</font>

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:54 PM January 25, 2004: Message edited by: Linnahiril Tinnufinwen ]