View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 07:23 AM   #3907
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I don't disagree about the benefits of reminiscing (and I think that's exactly how most of the events could be covered), but I'm in favour of doing some in-between posts in addition to the flashbacks. My reasons are mostly personal - I would prefer to slip in at least one post from Theolain's perspective, before he kicks the bucket. I mean, I'd love to slip in more posts from both my characters' perspectives, but I can make adjustments for those and think of a way to flashback their story. However, even if I delay Theolain's death until springtime, he would realistically probably already be unconscious / feverish / not in any condition to flashback for a long time. And I would have preferred to write his death in real-time (but if necessary, that's also adjustable).

But also, we have so many other characters leaving. Like, don't you want to post one last post from someone's POV before they go? It's true that these things can be reflected on later, but sometimes there is merit in posting one last post from, say, Athanar who says goodbye to a good chunk of his people. Also, while some events can be done in retrospect, I don't think it hurts to have f.ex. one real-time post that reflects the completion of the Mead Hall, or any of the other points of notice during the jump.

I get that I'm trying to stuff a storyline of Theolain growing up and becoming a completely different person during a time-jump, which is not the greatest idea, but I'm trying to come up with ways that would make it work. Maybe I could try doing a fever post from Theolain to cover those years. I'll figure something out if the majority votes for not doing in-between posts.