View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #1208
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Scyld's eyebrow quirked upward. It was not quite the question he expected, but he knew better than to think there was nothing hidden beneath Rowenna's light tone. He was grateful for the moment's reprise as he skipped down the wide arc, though it was hardly helpful for thinking since he also had to give thought to the dance.

Only a woman would ask him to think and dance at the same time! What a set up.

He could hardly tell her the truth: first it had been amusing, and then it had not. But wait – the question was hardly fair, and aimed to put him at the defensive. She could not know exactly what had passed between him and Aldric, and he could use that. The time stretched interminably as the other couples passed through, but soon enough he found himself linked again to Rowenna.

“I hardly goaded him,” said Scyld. “He had his eye on you long before he said aught to me, and would have tried you no matter what I told him. The second time – perhaps I simply wished to dance with you myself.” With that, he again released her, the unspoken challenge in his face: And what do you make of that?