View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 08:48 AM   #18
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

Quote:
Originally posted by SpM:
Precisely. But, like the Fellowship, there is a danger in letting ourselves be carried through space and time for too long. There comes a time when we must take positive action to "go against the flow"
Reminds me of that saying "Don't be a follower, be a leader." Sometimes being a leader, means you can't be a "follower." In these closing chapters Aragorn really begins to struggle about being the "leader," and taking on himself the role of Gandalf. Instead they follow down the Anduin, and as already pointed out, follow too far, bad things can happen. The next two chapters we get to see Aragorn really sort of fall apart, and hit rock bottom, as he seems to break to the pressure of being that "leader" of the company, being a "Gandalf." Not good news considering he's the future King of Gondor (of course we all know what a great leader Aragorn does become), I think when Aragorn and Eomer meet, there is great symbolism between the strength and friendship between the two future kings, and it helps Aragorn become the Leader we see at the end of the story. But, these next two chapters, I'll get to some quotes when the time comes, we really get to see Aragorn down on himself for the decisions he made. Maybe he's trying to be too much like Gandalf, and not like himself? Who knows?
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote