View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 05:20 PM   #1
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
1420! Downsaholics Anonymous

Well, i didn't see any thread like it....so i'm starting it! Have a story to tell? Need help? This is the place!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Hi.....my name is.....The Per....ky Ent....and....um....i'm.....i'm a.....downsaholic At first it was just healthy posting. I mean, i balanced my posting equally. A little Books here, and Novices here, and occasionally, movies. I was a prominent poster in the Shire. I had a regular character in the Green Dragon. But then i saw it. It was there in plain sight, but i never saw it until....until now. The Quiz Room. Millions of threads on the move. Every minute, a new responce. I was overwhealmed! I picked a nice thread. Family Ties (with no shoelases). That was my first. It was founded my Nilpaurion Felagond. He changed my life. Immediatly, I was drawn in! I couldn't stop. Then i saw them! 20 Questions on ME, A to Z of Middle Earth, First Age Trivia! i couldn't stop. Pretty soon, there was a collum containing just Perky Ent. But i couldn't stop there! I needed more! I started bumping threads every five seconds! I revived threads from 2 years ago. It was taking over. But then i said, 500 posts and i'll quit. Well, now i'm at around 550 posts and i can't quit. I've tried. I really have. But every time i scroll down to The Shire, i see them. The questions are always there. No one there but he. I just can't stop! I used to be hooked on Quotable Quotes, but i quit. I wish i could do the same for The Quiz Room, but there's too many threads! HEEELLLPPP! *exhales* glad to get that off my chest. Whoooo. It feels good to let it all out. It's nice to share the pain. *exhales* Deep breath.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

That was an example of a typical session. Now, who will be next?
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote